The old Chicago Board of Trade building was constructed 1882-1885, W. W. Boyington, Architect. It was demolished in 1927, replaced by the current building designed by Holabird & Roche. Located at the south end of LaSalle Street, both buildings defined the southern end of the city's financial district.
Below is a lithograph from a c1890 souvenir album of Chicago, showing a clock tower.
Appears in this Rand McNally 1893 3-D map at the Univ. of Illinois at Chicago:
Next Scene: Monadnock Block